FASSTEAM Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Meeting coordinator: Mrs. Elgan/Christy Oakeson
Beginning of meeting @ 2:15 pm
- Scholastic Book Club (Tiffany McVey)
-Going well. Plan to expand to all grade level starting next year.
-An additional volunteer will be needed next year to help run this fundraiser/sort books.
- Pizza Day (Katy Madsen/Shawn Kuchinski/Mike & Maxine Ishida/Norma Jean Morris)
- Need to promote pizza day volunteers online more
- Volunteers to be asked to sign up online if they plan to attend. This helps estimate the amount of people still needed to help.
- School Uniform Sale (Jodie Senior)
- Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Spirit Week (Mrs. Farris)
- HUGE SUCCESS! We were told this was the biggest event Chick Fil A has ever had at this location.
- Discussion on possibly doing this twice a year.
- Box Tops/Campbell’s Soup Labels/My Coke Rewards (Stacy Hansen)
-Box Tops will be sent in before next deadline.
- Museum Tool Box (Kirsten Nava)
- School Spirit Items (Cindy Whitehead)
-We are well stocked with PE shirts/polos
- Staff Dinners (Sally Whittaker)
-April 28th-All Staff
-Let Mrs. Elgan know the menu and she will get the sign ups online.
- End of Year Celebration-
-May 31st @ 1:30-3:30 pm
-Location-Sierra Newbold Park
-Posters needed to be made for ticket booths, tables to display price, and possibly some at the school. Some laminated ones are at the school from previous years and may be used.
-Bunching groups of tickets ($5 increments) together before event.
-Picking up supplies-chips, pop, pizza, etc.
-Someone to arrive at the park earlier in the day to reserve tables.
-Serve food and sell tickets.
-Menu- Tammie Hawker to email Christy the list of what was bought last year. Amount suggested to be tripled due to running out of items last year.
-Contact Sams Club to order individual cotton candy-needs to be done ahead of time(a few weeks). Sams will deliver to the school.
-Shasta to contact Scott Thorne (email-STHORN@shastabeverages.com) to see if they can donate Shasta beverages
-Frito Lay may also donate. Let them know in advance-donations are first come, first serve. If they are unable to donate they may offer a discount if asked.
-Announcements for this event to be done 1 month prior (email) and 2 weeks prior (flier to be sent home) to inform families of this activity.
-Basketball and tennis courts available. NPA might be able to send basketballs to use. Tennis supplies may need to be brought from home or donated.
End of Meeting: 3:00 pm Secretary: Cindy Gow